Contructivism: Daunting is an Understatement

 Coming out of my comfort zone:  There is fear associated with learning something new and feeling out of touch or like I don't have a clue what is going on.  I have been working on having a "Growth Mindset" with my class so know that I need to have a growth mindset and get past my nervousness, feeling of being unsure and not "educated" enough to collaborate in this course.  

I need to learn how to ask for help, and as I say to my students "ask for help."  I will persevere and do what I have to do to complete this course and the Teacher Librarian program.  I need to change my thinking, stop procrastinating and embrace my fear of the unknown.  


I need to learn how to ask for help and admit that I don't know what's going on.  I have to change my mindset when it comes to reading using technology.  I want to learn more about 21st Century Learning, Critical Thinking and teaching about STEM.  




I need to be more social and less of a hermit, or a "lone wolf" as I have been described as.  



I have to get past my personal fear of working and collaborating with others and do what needs to be done in order to learn.  

So, I will forge on....get past my fears, (that I am admitting to my peers) and learn how to be a part of a community that collaborates and learns together.

I am asking for help in becoming a member of this learning community. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIBE 477B: MODULE 5: FOSTERING READING CULTURES IN SCHOOL: When Reading Isn't Cool

LIBE 477 B: Module 6: Developing our Skills, Embracing Lifelong Learning While Inspiring 21st-Century Learners

LIBE 477 B: Module 9: SUMMARIZING AND DISCUSSING PHASE 2 TOPICS AND INTERESTS: THE WORLD AT OUR FINGERTIPS