Hello from Roberta

 Hello Everyone!  My name is Roberta

I am a grade 5/6/7 teacher.  I also teach English Language Learning, and am a part time teacher librarian (in training)



Photo taken at one of my favourite places at UBC.  The library at The First Nation's House of Learning.  
https://xwi7xwa.library.ubc.ca/

I live in a small community called Alert Bay BC, it is also known as Cormorant Island and is well known for the "tallest totem pole in the world" and as the "home of the killer whale."  I love my community and am so fortunate to live and teach in the community that I grew up in.  



I recently landed a position as a teacher librarian so am taking LIBE 477B this term.  This is my second course.  I am proud and honoured to be a librarian!  After learning a bit about the role of a teacher librarian I am convinced that all librarians are SUPERHEROES.

That being said, I feel that I have to apologize to my peers and colleagues for getting such a late start on this course.  I know that a major part of the course is to collaborate with each other and I have a lot of catching up to do.  As we all know, life can be such a juggling act and I have dropped the ball.  All I can do is move ahead right?  

So.....here we are.  I am ready and raring to go!  I look forward to catching up and learning more about the incredibly important role that I have acquired.  I love being a librarian so far.  Although my time is very limited I have made the best of the situation and have been rewarded in many ways in my role as a teacher librarian.  

There are many ways in which I can grow and one area I am interested in is becoming a 21st  Century Learner and learning more about STEM and how I can share what I learn with our students.  

We live in a small, isolated community so have  limited access to things that many take for granted.  I look forward to learning how I can teach my students more.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIBE 477B: MODULE 5: FOSTERING READING CULTURES IN SCHOOL: When Reading Isn't Cool

LIBE 477 B: Module 6: Developing our Skills, Embracing Lifelong Learning While Inspiring 21st-Century Learners

LIBE 477 B: Module 9: SUMMARIZING AND DISCUSSING PHASE 2 TOPICS AND INTERESTS: THE WORLD AT OUR FINGERTIPS